Thursday, November 20, 2008

Time flies...

Funny that although this is probably my favorite time with the girls I find myself bloging less and less. The stories are a plenty - I am not sure if it is just too little time or what is causing me to be such a slacker. So, here are some funny stories.

- Tonight we had a bunch of kids over for play and dinner. About 6 kids were in the kitchen drinking from little open cups. Ev was holding a toy mustard container. She dropped a few dashes of "mustard" into her water and said "yummy". Erin asked for some and Ev gave her a few shakes. Soon enough every kid was asking for mustard in their water and telling her how yummy it tasted. Pretend play is fascinating.

-The girls are total social butterflies. They want to see their friends every day! Every day they ask me what friends they will see. They have gotten very good at recognizing faces and knowing which mommy goes with which kid - and even both mom/kid names. They are constantly asking me where everyone is. Where Daddy? Where GiGi? Where Eliot? Where Uncle Dan?

- Erin is especially good at ending nursery rhymes and songs. She knows most of them and if you start off the line she will finish it - even if it is somewhat uninterpretable. Funny how much they love their nursery rhymes.

- I try to work on the girls memories by both remembering things and looking forward to things. It is amazing that if I tell them before bed we will be going to a museum - that's the first thing they will talk about in the morning. Dave showed Erin his business card a few months ago. Yesterday Erin found one, picked it up and said "Daddy's business card". We had not talked about them or looked at them in months.

That's about it for now - I'll post photos from the museum tomorrow!

1 comment:

Heather said...

The story about the mustard water is adorable!