Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Girls get a hair cut

Today was a monumental day. After almost three full years, the girls got their very first hair cut. I'm not entirely sure where this came from since I've been wanted to get Evie a hair cut for over a year and Nancy would never hear of it. Suddenly today was the day and Nancy said... "This is it. Let's go get their hair cut".

After church we stopped by a place on the way home. They just opened up and there was nobody else in the entire place. I was a bit nervous that the girls would flip out. Would the think the scissors would hurt? Nope. They were champs.






Ev was first and she seemed to really enjoy all the attention. She got right up into the chair and liked watching herself in the mirror. In all Ev got about 6 inches cut off from the back. She got her hair blow dried and brushed under. I said it made her look like Shakespeare but Nancy disagrees. When Ev's hair settled down a bit it looked much cuter (in my humble opinion). I bet the lighter hair will feel really good for the summer.

Ev seemed to really know something was special. When it was Erin's turn she was so happy and running around in circles at the salon. Erin was also a champ. She sat very still and we made sure to make a big fuss about what a big girl they were both being. Erin got about 4 inches cut and with the length gone, we hope her curls will now be even tighter.




The first hair cut seems like one of those monumental growing up milestones. They were great and now suddenly look much older. I guess it won't be long before I'm walking them down the isle. "Where are you going, my little ones, little ones..."

No comments: