Monday, September 28, 2009

Oops...

Today was a rainy, icky morning. The girls woke a little later than usual. I thought to myself today would be a great day to play hookie and not go to preschool. But, we busted our tails to dress, have breakfast and be out the door by 8:15. Sitting in the driveway I opened their backpacks to put their snacks inside. Lo and behold, I see a reminder note that there is no school today! Yikes - how could I have forgotten! Here is the conversation that transpired...
Me: Girls - there is no school today!

Erin: Then why are we in the car?

Ev: Why are we wearing our preschool shoes?

Me: (silently) What the heck are we going to do at 8:15am!!!???
I called Dave and asked is we could visit him at work. The girls had never been to his office. Of course he said yes - and the girls loved it there! Since he works in a "fun" field - gambling or gaming - there are many fun things to see and do at his office. They loved the magnets in his cube and his little dart board. They liked seeing their art work on his walls. And, just about everything else.

We then headed to Old Orchard mall to play there. I was very surprised the stores don't open until 10:30 - I thought everything opened at 10??? Whatever. But, they had a blast running on the dragons in the play area and hiding in the tunnels.

We made a great day of what started as a bit of a disaster! Glad we can be so "go with the flow."

No comments: