Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cinnamon Stewed Apples

Since it is apple picking season, I have shared this recipe with friends, and figured I would post it as well. Enjoy!!

Cinnamon Stewed Apples

6 cups granny smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced (I used a variety)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (you can use a little less)
1/4 cup apple juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients in large heavy sauce pan.

Cover and cook over medium/low heat 45 minutes or until apples are tender - stirring occasionally.

Let stand 5 minutes.

If you are serving with pork or something like that you can stop here. If you are making apple sauce, then just throw it in a blender or Cuisinart and it will be a finer consistency for applesauce. If you are making applesauce I let it stand until no longer hot - just so I don't burn myself or anything.

1 comment:

kgw said...

i got this recipe from nancy last year and make it all the time! definitely a winner!