Thursday, January 8, 2009

Gymnastics Update

So, the girls are still in gymnastics and they have their good weeks and bad weeks. Tuesday we could not go, as I had to work all day. We went to a make-up class on Wednesday. This class had a different instructor and it was completely different! But, we liked it!! They had so much fun and were more willing to go to this instructor. Some of the funny stories...

They climbed up to the beam and held the teachers hand while walking across it. That alone is huge! They did not really want to be too close with our last teacher. When walking on the beam Erin stopped and turned to her instructor and said: "I no do roll." He had asked the kid before her to do a somersault. She was not interested in doing that on the beam. He looked at her and said "Yeah, I think that's a good idea". Very funny to watch. Ev also did a great job!!

Then, on to the rings. I had never been able to get the girls on the rings - no chance! Well, Ev went first. She climbed up and put her hands on the rings and the teacher held on top of her fingers and swung her around 3 or so times. She did great! Then, Erin's turn. Erin climbed up and was not too keen about holding on to the rings. But, she did it. He swung her and she screamed at the TOP of her lungs!!! HE only got her about 3/4 the way around and brought her back to me. She got down and said "I no do that again. I do that once. I no like. I no do that again." Well, speech therapy is going well - now we just need to focus on grammer! But, really... she did a great job. I was just so happy they both tried! Mission Accomplished.

No comments: